Light gray square brackets appearing in MS Word docs

Old May 17th 05, 06:14 PM
bboeri

Default Light gray square brackets appearing in MS Word docs

I am getting occasional, random instances of pairs of light gray square
brackets around text, bullets, etc. in MS Word 2002 SP2. They don't look like
field codes, and I can't delete them. Any idea what they are and how to
remove them?
Old May 17th 05, 06:21 PM
Xero

Are they editing marks?
Click the Show/Hide Editing Marks from the Standard toolbar.

--
Xero

http://www.chezjeff.net
My personal web portal

Old May 17th 05, 07:02 PM
Bob Boeri

If you mean the show/hide paragraph marks (the little reverse "p" paragraph
symbol), then that has no effect. I do not know what "Show/Hide Editing
Marks" are if they are not that. I do not see them in the Tools Options
(Edit or View) options either.

Old May 17th 05, 07:08 PM
Jay Freedman

Hi Bob,

The gray square brackets represent bookmarks. If you don't want to see them,
go to Tools Options View and uncheck the Bookmarks option.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old May 17th 05, 09:35 PM
Bob Boeri

Thank you Jay; that did it. I was afraid it was the sign of an impending
corruption in my document.

Now how the bookmarks got there is another mystery, but I'll just ignore them.

Thanks again!