How do I undo a saved document?

Old May 19th 05, 10:23 PM
Ni

Default How do I undo a saved document?

I erased my old document when I was done (didnt close it out) and I typed
something new. Then when I went to save it and by actident I pressed 'save'
instead of 'save as' and it saved over the document I had before. How can I
get that old document back?
Old May 19th 05, 11:38 PM

If you haven't closed the document, you can Undo back to where you started,
save again, then Redo and Save As. If you've already closed the document,
then unless you have a backup, the original document is gone.

Old May 20th 05, 12:17 AM
Michael_Corral

There maybe a chance that you did this at work and your IT department backs
up everything on the drives other than the C drive, I would call them and
have them send you the yesterdays copy or ask what they feel would be best
for giving you the backup of that. Hope you saved to the shared drives.

If you did this at home or on a personal PC, I haven’t tried this method but
it may work, I would do a System Restore from a time before you saved the doc.

Good Luck!

--
Top Notch Admin

Old May 20th 05, 06:02 AM
Graham Mayor

Michael_Corral wrote:
If you did this at home or on a personal PC, I haven't tried this
method but it may work, I would do a System Restore from a time
before you saved the doc.

System restore does not affect data files and unfortunately will not affect
this issue.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com