How turn off the Paragraph symbol

Old May 27th 05, 09:54 PM
SuziCreamCheese

Default How turn off the Paragraph symbol

I've tried clicking on the Paragraph symbol to get the codes within my word
documents to go away. This doesn't work. Clicking on normal view doesn't help
either. Any suggestions?
Old May 27th 05, 10:00 PM
Margaret Aldis

What do you mean by "codes"?

Try Tools Options View where you should be able to see whether you have
field codes on, or an odd selection of non-printing characters selected, and
switch whatever it is off.

If that's not it, try making sure you are opening the document normally, and
not with the "Recover" format setting.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"SuziCreamCheese" wrote in
message ...

Old December 14th 06, 09:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shel.B

Under ToolOptionsView, under Formatting Marks, make sure that All is not
selected and it will have the paragraph marks as well as space and enter
symbols gone.

Old December 15th 06, 11:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

You will have to clear not only "All," but also the specific options
selected under "Formatting marks" (on the View tab of Tools | Options)
to make the button behave again. For more on nonprinting characters,
see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP