Gwen H

Default Multiple Records Same Page

I've searched this discussion group, and looked at the info on Cindy ?'s
website, and I'm still stumped. In the past I've set up mail merges to print
multiple records on the same page. There was a Word mail merge field that you
inserted to tell Word to continue with the next record on the same page. I
thought it was the field Next Record, but that doesn't work. What am I
looking for and where do I find it in Word XP?

I have a document with a one-row, two-cell table. The left cell contains a
list of field titles. The right cell contains my merge fields, which are the
field contents that go with the field titles. This document is created
weekly, and the number of merge records varies. The data lives in an Access
database.

Many Thanks!
Doug Robbins

Use a directory type mailmerge main document with JUST your one row table
containing the field names and the mergefields in its two cells. You will
not need a Next Record field.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Gwen H" wrote in message
[...]

Gwen H

Sorry, that didn't help. I have text above and below the table that isn't
part of the mail merge. I don't know if that's what is preventing this thing
from working or not.

Gwen H

"Gwen H" wrote in message
[...]

Doug Robbins

You will either have to put that text into the header and footer, or add it
after executing the merge.

The only other way would be to use a formletter type merge document with
multiple copies of the table with a Next Record field before the first
mergefield in each copy of the table other than the first one on the page.
You will need to be careful however that the size of the data that is being
merged does not push a table onto the next page.