Header and Footer Border

Old June 11th 05, 12:57 AM
PA

Default Header and Footer Border

I inheritated a number of long documents, and need to apply borders to both
the Headers and Footer. When I apply the border, the only choice I have is
to apply to Paragraph. I need to go through each section (there are a lot of
section breaks) and continually apply borders.
Is there a way to apply the border in the Header/Footer to Entire Document.
Thanks from a weary Word user.
Paul

Old June 11th 05, 03:19 AM
Shauna Kelly

Hi Paul

By default, text in a header is formatted in Header style, and text in a
footer is formatted in Footer style. If your documents are using these
default styles, then you can modify the Header and Footer styles to put a
border around it. That will affect the whole document in one go.

For information on how to modify a style, see
How to modify styles in Microsoft Word
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.

Old June 11th 05, 02:13 PM
PA

"PA" wrote:

Terrific, thank you both.

Old June 11th 05, 02:16 PM
PA

Sorry about previous, clicked Post before I asked one more question:

Modifying the style is a great time saver, but how can I supress the border
on the Title Page if I apply the border by using the Header or Footer style.
I could get it off by turning off Same as Previous, it came off the remainder
of the document as well.

"PA" wrote:

Terrific, thank you both.

Old June 11th 05, 03:06 PM

If your title page is a separate section (or a separate First Page
Header/Footer), just remove the border from the Header/Footer paragraph on
that page only (after disabling Same as Previous in the related header of
the following section, if any). Provided you don't have automatic updating
enabled for the Header and Footer styles, this will remove the border from
the (blank) header and footer on the title page.

"PA" wrote in message
Sorry about previous, clicked Post before I asked one more question:

Modifying the style is a great time saver, but how can I supress the

border
on the Title Page if I apply the border by using the Header or Footer

style.
I could get it off by turning off Same as Previous, it came off the

remainder
of the document as well.

"PA" wrote:

Terrific, thank you both.