How to delete file names from "File" drop down menu MS Word

Old June 13th 05, 09:41 PM
nntnavigator

Default How to delete file names from "File" drop down menu MS Word

How do I delete the file names in the drop down menu that appear when I click
on "File". There are usually about four of your most recent documents.
Old June 13th 05, 10:01 PM
Charles Kenyon

You can eliminate these appearing at all. Change the option at:
Tools Options General

Otherwise you can use the dangerous remove and menu item command.
Ctrl-Alt--
You'll find more about this command at
http://addbalance.com/word/workmenu.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Old June 13th 05, 10:10 PM

If you want to delete *all* of them, go to Tools | Options | General and
clear the check box for "Recently used file list." If you want to delete a
specific one, press Alt+Ctrl+Hyphen and then click on the specific filename.
Use this shortcut very carefully, as it will remove *any* menu entry you
click on.