I am in the military and heard you can get free miscrosoft softwar

Old June 19th 05, 09:42 PM
Kyle

Default I am in the military and heard you can get free miscrosoft softwar

How do I get free Microsoft Word and other products from Microsoft?
Old June 19th 05, 09:46 PM
Ed

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:42:03 -0700, Kyle wrote:

How do I get free Microsoft Word and other products from Microsoft?

Ask your unit. Most have a program where you can get MS Office Pro for $20.
Ask for the "Home User Program"

If you aren't military, please don't ask, beg, whatever; you won't be
gettin it.
Old June 19th 05, 09:55 PM
Ed

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:42:03 -0700, Kyle wrote:

How do I get free Microsoft Word and other products from Microsoft?

Actually, there are 2 programs. The Home User Program and the Employee
Purchase Plan. I forget which one is which. With one you can get the Office
suite for $20 and the other allows you to buy quite a few different
programs at a discount, but nothing as sweet as the Office for $20. Now
that I think about it, I believe it is the EPP program that offers Office.
Both should be available to you.

Old June 20th 05, 08:16 AM
Amedee Van Gasse

Kyle shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

I just need Microsoft Word and Powerpoint on my computer for right now

OK, then you should ask your unit. They will be able to help you.

--
Amedee Van Gasse
Old June 20th 05, 04:00 PM
TF

If as part of your job you have Office installed on your computer that is
part of a licence program with Software Assurance, you are entitled to
install the same Office on your home computer (or laptop) providing that no
one else uses your computer whilst you are away from work. (Home user
program.)

If you are the primary user of a computer (installed with Office from a
licence with Software Assurance), you are entitled to purchase a copy of the
same version of Office for $20 which you may continue to use as long you
remain as an employee of the company. (Employee Purchase Plan.) You may also
purchase other Microsoft products with a large discount on retail pricing.

These are lollipops that MS provides to encourage large users to purchase
Software Assurance with their licences.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/