How do I scan documents into word so they can be edited?

Old June 24th 05, 09:09 PM
willyhack

Default How do I scan documents into word so they can be edited?

I have a 29 page printed document that I want to scan into word so that I can
edit it, ie: change paragraphs, words, etc, and then either e-mail it to my
son, or ptint out the edited version. I have a canon F-80
Printer/fax/Scanner, and apparently it only allows for "pictures" to be
scanned - which are apparently uneditable in word.

Thanks,
Bill
Old June 24th 05, 10:22 PM
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

You need OCR software. Read your manual and see if the software that come
with your scanner has OCR capabilities. If it doesn't, there are several
different flavors available. I can't recommend any personally because I use
what came with my scanner.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old June 24th 05, 11:27 PM
CyberTaz

Scanning text to be edited requires OCR (optical character recognition)
software. There are a number of programs available. One you might want to
check out is:

http://www.hamrick.com/index.html

Good Luck |:)