how do I create a 5.5" x 8.5" template

Old June 27th 05, 02:10 AM
gayle

Default how do I create a 5.5" x 8.5" template

How do I create a book that is 5.5" x 8.5". I already have it typed in the
standard 8.5" x 11. Top and bottom margins have to be 1.85 and left and
right 2.15
Old June 27th 05, 02:26 AM

If you're sending the book to a commercial printer or publisher to be
printed, just increase the margins of the Letter-sized page to create the
5.5" x 8.5" page in the center, as the printer/publisher will want separate
pages. If you're planning to copy/print it yourself, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm

Old June 27th 05, 06:16 PM
gayle

I have the margins correct now, but the page numbers are all at the bottom of
each page out of the required range. I need to delete them and figure out
how to get the numbers within the 5.5" x 8.5". It is coming out like the
page is 11" long. Thanks.

Old June 27th 05, 06:45 PM
SVC

Following Suzanne's advice, you probably have set your margins at 1.5" on
left and right and 1.25" on top and bottom to create your page in the middle
of the standard page. You can create a footer on this page by increasing the
footer margin to be greater than 1.25", which will allow you to put your page
number within your 5.5 X 8 page.

Alternately, you could use a text box in the header/footer and position the
text box where you would like it in your page, then add the page number to
the textbox..

Old June 27th 05, 07:22 PM

You need to increase your Header and Footer margins as well as the Top,
Bottom, Left, and Right. And instead of using Insert | Page Numbers (though
this should work correctly after you've set the Header/Footer margins
appropriately), use the Insert Page Number button on the Header and Footer
toolbar, working in the Footer pane. For more on this, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm. For tips on safely
getting rid of the existing page number, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you're sending the book to a commercial printer or publisher to be
printed, just increase the margins of the Letter-sized page to create

the
5.5" x 8.5" page in the center, as the printer/publisher will want

separate
pages. If you're planning to copy/print it yourself, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.