End/FootNote text style

Old July 5th 05, 01:46 PM
Shaun

Default End/FootNote text style

I it possible to change the traiing space in the style to a trailing tab to
enable the EndNote / FootNote to look like

1 Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
Text
Text Text

to make it more readable
Old July 5th 05, 03:41 PM
Shauna Kelly

Hi Shaun

To achieve what you want, you will have to do two things.

First, modify the Footnote Text style to give it a Tab at (say) 1cm and a
hanging indent of 1cm.

There's information on modifying styles at
How to modify styles in Microsoft Word
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

Second, each time you enter a footnote, when Word provides the footnote
number and a space, delete the space and press Tab. Then type the text of
your footnote.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.

Old July 5th 05, 03:58 PM
Shaun

Hi Shauna,

Thansk for this, I'd managed to get that far, but was wondering if there was
a way of changing the trailing space in the foot/end note reference to a
trailing tab instead, this is to prevent my users having to manually enter a
tab...

Shaun