bunched up words ???

Old July 8th 05, 10:21 AM
Philip

Default bunched up words ???

i dont know how shes done it but one of the secretaries has a problem with
word. she went to print a document and all the words bunched up on one side
of the screen. i cant see anything obviously wrong. we've restarted the
computer and when you select new document the same problems exist.

Any ideas ???
Old July 8th 05, 11:48 AM
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Maybe her monitor is tilted and they've all slid down to the one side?
(I'm sorry - I just had to suggest that.)

Check the spacing between letters. Format|Font|Character Spacing.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old July 8th 05, 12:20 PM
Philip

shes getting on a bit in years so at first we though it was her sight that
was sliding.

will check formatting - thanks

Old July 8th 05, 04:28 PM

A lot of users are reporting this problem, and it seems to be traceable to a
printer driver problem. Some users report that a temporary solution is to
open the Print dialog and switch to a different printer and then back.
Office MVP Bob Buckland has also suggested other ideas in a thread on this
subject in microsoft.public.word.application.errors.

Old July 8th 05, 10:20 PM
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

So it's not a crooked monitor or a tipsy desk? Darn!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
A lot of users are reporting this problem, and it seems to be traceable to
printer driver problem. Some users report that a temporary solution is to
open the Print dialog and switch to a different printer and then back.
Office MVP Bob Buckland has also suggested other ideas in a thread on this
subject in microsoft.public.word.application.errors.

so
all may benefit.

Old July 11th 05, 05:35 PM
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Philip,

Hi Lino,

Word 2003? It's apparently a glitch that causes
Word to lose track of the printer it's supposed to be
using.

Going to File=Print and
changing the printer to another one (and back)
will often clear it temporarily.

If that works please let us know what happens if you
-Set Word to use the correct printer
-Close Word, cleanup and delete all left over
Word temp files using Start=Search and the
search string of
~$*.*;*.tmp

-Restart Word and open the same document.

Do you have the MS Remove Hidden(personal) Data
add-in installed or another Addin?

===========
"Philip" wrote in message ...
shes getting on a bit in years so at first we though it was her sight that
was sliding.

will check formatting - thanks
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

How do I build a word list with number of occurrences of each wor. Bill Crowl Microsoft Word Help 2 March 19th 05 11:17 PM
Word frequencies Anthea Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 04:46 AM
Finding words near other words AH Microsoft Word Help 5 December 16th 04 03:23 PM
Word Count mel Microsoft Word Help 2 December 14th 04 10:17 PM
Recurring words/phrases Pegge New Users 1 December 9th 04 02:08 AM