AMac

Default Does anyone know why my "borders" tab is greyed out?

I have installed and uninstalled Word 2003 about 10 times trying to get the
borders tab to work. Does anyone know why it would not be active...it is
greyed out.

Thanks
Anne Troy

Try Word troubleshooting. Reinstall doesn't usually work.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"AMac" wrote in message
I have installed and uninstalled Word 2003 about 10 times trying to get

the
borders tab to work. Does anyone know why it would not be active...it is
greyed out.

Thanks

AMac

Tell me if this sheds any light on the problem, if I do open a document with
borders and try to save the document, it says "some of the features of this
document aren't supported by Microsoft Word 6.0/95" and "page borders will be
lost".

Does anyone know what is going on?

"AMac" wrote in message
I have installed and uninstalled Word 2003 about 10 times trying to get

the
borders tab to work. Does anyone know why it would not be active...it is
greyed out.

Thanks

Anne Troy

Sure. You're saving the document to a VERY low version. Go to
Tools--Options, Save tab, and change the settings there. Hardly anybody
needs to save to 6.0/95 anymore and page borders weren't introduced until
97.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"AMac" wrote in message
I have installed and uninstalled Word 2003 about 10 times trying to

get
the
borders tab to work. Does anyone know why it would not be active...it

is
greyed out.

Thanks

AMac

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Seriously Anne...Thank you so much. You have just saved me hours of more
frustration. I just did that and it worked perfectly. You truly are a great
person for taking time to help me out.

Thanks again.

"AMac" wrote in message
I have installed and uninstalled Word 2003 about 10 times trying to

get
the
borders tab to work. Does anyone know why it would not be active...it

is
greyed out.

Thanks

Anne Troy

Well, thank YOU for the feedback! So many people never say a word. One
person like you makes a hundred questions worth answering.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com