Mike

Default Blank clipboard at startup

I want to retain the current contents of the clipboard when starting Word
2002, but it is always blank.

When I first used Word 2002 I remember being given the option of clearing
the clipboard at startup, and I naively selected that option.

I now want to change to retaining text I have copied onto the clipboard when
I start Word so that I can immediately paste it into a document without going
back and re-copying it.

How do I change the default state of the clipboard at startup?
--
Mike
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:55:01 -0800, "Mike"
wrote:

I want to retain the current contents of the clipboard when starting Word
2002, but it is always blank.

When I first used Word 2002 I remember being given the option of clearing
the clipboard at startup, and I naively selected that option.

I now want to change to retaining text I have copied onto the clipboard when
I start Word so that I can immediately paste it into a document without going
back and re-copying it.

How do I change the default state of the clipboard at startup?

Hi Mike,

Word itself doesn't have any option to clear or not clear the
clipboard at startup. If your copy of Word is from the Works Suite
package, though, you probably have the Works Add-In installed. One of
the many nasty features of this (mostly unnecessary) add-in is that it
clears the clipboard when you start Word. Uninstall the add-in through
the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs dialog.

If you aren't dealing with Works Suite, it may be a different add-in.
See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...sInstalled.htm
and http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...514521033.aspx
for detection and removal instructions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Clipboard Tazz Microsoft Word Help 0 December 7th 04 04:21 PM
Office Clipboard 2003 George Wilson Microsoft Word Help 0 December 2nd 04 11:03 PM
Change Line Count to not count blank lines Carol Microsoft Word Help 4 November 27th 04 01:46 PM
Blank Document-Template-Help!!! Joe G Microsoft Word Help 1 November 26th 04 08:05 PM
How do I remove excess blank pages from a finished document? dr.sara Microsoft Word Help 2 November 25th 04 12:14 AM