In Word, how do I get rid of the "Getting Started" window?

Old July 14th 05, 08:25 PM
PeteatJHUAPL

Default In Word, how do I get rid of the "Getting Started" window?

I have Office 2003 at work, and every time I open a Word Document, I get the
"Getting Started" window on the side which I have to close every time in
order to start on my document. It also starts with the Print Preview view.
ANyone know how I can reset these settings?
Old July 14th 05, 08:48 PM
Carol

1. Close all documents and WordMail messages.

2. On the Tools menu, click Options.

3. On the View tab, clear the Startup Task Pane check box.

Exit Word.

That should take care of it for you. I hope this has been helpful to you.