Steve@SMPVS

Default MS-WORD / AVERY raffle ticket template

I need an MS-WORD / AVERY template to make raffle tickets for a church
fund-raiser. Would features a STUB, with fixed areas & lines for: NAME,
ADDRESS, TOWN, STATE, ZIP, PHONE, & EMAIL & a perforation line. And a MAIN
BODY, w/data areas indicated, but their contents could be user designed
w/MS-WORD & clip-art; where description of offerings / prizes, date, place &
time of drawing, cost per ticket & per book, and a sequential number [indexed
& printed on each [stub & main body] pair]. Template provides the ticket
number sequencing functionality.
Overall length of [stub & main body] pair = 6"; Overall height = 2.5"; STUB
length = 2"; MAIN BODY length = 4". LAYOUT: 4 per 8.5x11" page.

Anything similar would be appreciated.
Am using WIN-XP, SP2, w/ Office XP.

Anne Troy

Hi, Steve. I'd been thinking about creating this as a free download and
wondered what the specs are on them. I'll have one for you within a couple
hours (hopefully much less!).
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

&
time of drawing, cost per ticket & per book, and a sequential number

[indexed
& printed on each [stub & main body] pair]. Template provides the ticket
number sequencing functionality.
Overall length of [stub & main body] pair = 6"; Overall height = 2.5";

STUB
length = 2"; MAIN BODY length = 4". LAYOUT: 4 per 8.5x11" page.

Anything similar would be appreciated.
Am using WIN-XP, SP2, w/ Office XP.

Anne Troy

Try this:
http://www.officearticles.com/downlo...fletickets.zip
It'll make 1,000 raffle tickets. For more, you'll have to unprotect it, copy
and paste more pages, and reprotect. I don't advise graphics if only because
the file already weighs over 5MB. Add 1000 graphics (even little ones) to
that, and you're asking for trouble. The file is already a bit unruly--takes
a while to open, takes a long, long time to print or preview by virtue of
the fact that all the fields and cross-refs must update to do that.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:e10f2$42d9dbe4$97c5108d$4734@allthenewsgroups .com...
[...]

Doug Robbins

I would suggest that you create a document containing a 1 row two column
table in which you set the cell dimensions to match those that you have
specified for the stub and the ticket itself. Into each cell, insert the
information that you require on the ticket (including graphics if you wish)
and then on the stub and the ticket itself, insert a {Mergefield Number }
field. Then create and Excel spreadsheet with the word Number in the first
cell of the first column on the sheet, the number 1 in the second cell in
that column and a formula that adds 1 to that number in the third cell. Now
copy the formula down as many rows as required so that you end up with a
column of ascending numbers. Save this file and use it as a datasource for
a catalog (or in Word XP and later, it is called directory) type mailmerge
for which you use the above Word document as the main document. When you
execute the merge, it will create as many tickets as you have numbers in the
Excel worksheet, each one consecutively numbered.

If you want to format the numbers such as 0000001, 0000002, etc. see
"Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at

If you want to use graphics and need help with that, see the article
"Graphics on Labels" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at

http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm

This does NOT require a 5MB file!

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
[...]

Anne Troy

Yes. I have to agree with Doug. The document I created is pretty yukky. I
should probably do as mail merge and re-upload.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
[...]

A formula is not necessary. Just put 1 in the first row and 2 in the second,
select both, and drag to AutoFill with as many ascending numbers as needed.

[...]

Steve@SMPVS

Anne -
Can't download te zip file. I get an error message that says I don't have
the right permissions to do that. I have turned off all of my firewalls &
filters. Still no luck.
Can you email the ZIP files? .