How can I fill space between things tabbed with dots?

Old July 23rd 05, 09:46 PM
Gracenote123

Default How can I fill space between things tabbed with dots?

I want something that will let me automatically fill the space between tabbed
things with dots, like this:

* Starchy vegetables.......1/2 cup
* breads and muffins........1 oz.
* cooked legumes............1/3 cup

See, there would be a tab stop in front of 1/2 cup, 1oz., etc. And then the
space between "vegetables" & "1/2" would be filled with the dots (points of
ellipsis). Word does this with Tables of Contents already. I was wondering if
there was a way to do this in the body of a work, such as when you have a
list like the one above.

I hope I'm making sense about what I'm looking for & that someone can help me.

Thanks,
Grace
Old July 23rd 05, 09:58 PM
Doug Robbins

From the Format menu, select Tabs and in the format tabs dialog, you will
see a number of radio buttons that allow you to select various types of
leaders for the tab stops that you set. That's what the row of dots are
called.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.