KdF Lad

Default How do I turn off auto-correct date formating

Every time I type in a date in a letter (eg "27th July 2005") and hit enter,
WORD auto corrects it and changes the date to an abbreviated date format.

How can I stop this from happening?
Andrea Jones

Click on Insert - AutoText - AutoText, a window will appear and you should
be in the AutoText section of it. Remove the tick from the box beside 'Show
AutoComplete tip for AutoText and dates'.

Andrea Jones
http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk
http://www.stratatraining.co.uk
http://www.allaboutclait.com

"KdF Lad" wrote:

Every time I type in a date in a letter (eg "27th July 2005") and hit enter,
WORD auto corrects it and changes the date to an abbreviated date format.

How can I stop this from happening?

catcher055

I too want to turn off this annoying feature. However when I follow the tip
below there is no box marked 'Show AutoComplete tip for AutoText and dates'.
Just one that says "Show Auto-complete Suggestions." If I uncheck that will
it also remove other auto-complete functions that I want to keep?

I just want it for the date not to be filled in whenever I type 2005.

Thanks :-)

"KdF Lad" wrote:

Every time I type in a date in a letter (eg "27th July 2005") and hit enter,
WORD auto corrects it and changes the date to an abbreviated date format.

How can I stop this from happening?

Tony Jollans

The wording on the checkbox has changed but the fiunctionality remains the
same.

I'm afraid it's all or nothing - either you turn all autocomplete
suggestions off or you have them all on, and the date completion is all
built-in and inflexible (and different in different versions)

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"KdF Lad" wrote:

Every time I type in a date in a letter (eg "27th July 2005") and hit

enter,
WORD auto corrects it and changes the date to an abbreviated date

format.

How can I stop this from happening?

Judy

"KdF Lad" wrote:

Every time I type in a date in a letter (eg "27th July 2005") and hit enter,
WORD auto corrects it and changes the date to an abbreviated date format.

How can I stop this from happening?

Charles Kenyon

Change your regional date settings in the control panels.
Press the spacebar after your date before you press enter.

Or... novel concept! Put a Create Date field in your letterhead template so
that the date will be there for you when you start a letter.

See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the
different kinds of datefields and how to format them.

Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you
want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm if you are coming from a WP
environment (or even if you are not).

Hope this helps; probably more than you wanted to know.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

auto correct? ginny1956 New Users 5 July 28th 05 04:24 PM
Auto date is incorrect -- date in settings is correct jbf Microsoft Word Help 1 July 25th 05 04:43 PM
Turn off "automatically update" date field after merged? cbeck29483 Mailmerge 7 May 3rd 05 07:39 PM
Auto Correct Function in Word Jim Microsoft Word Help 3 February 16th 05 03:58 PM
How do I correct the date in Word when using Auto Complete? Disp. sandie Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 05 09:52 PM