A Microsoft Word forum. Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter forum » Microsoft Word Newsgroups » Page Layout
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Nonrepeating headers and footers



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 29th 05, 10:44 AM
Luc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Nonrepeating headers and footers

In that case, go to View - header and footer - click on the page setup
button in the header and footer toolbar. Select PageSetup tab - Check
Different first page in the header and footer section - OK.
You will now have the opportunity to have a different header for the first
page and another one for the following pages, which in your case, you leave
empty of course.
Luc
"Nonrepeating Headers and Footers" Nonrepeating Headers and
schreef in bericht
...
How do I get the header and footer not to repeat? I only want them to
appear
on the first page.



Ads
  #2  
Old July 29th 05, 05:48 PM
Nonrepeating Headers and Footers
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Luc's explanation was perfect---I had gone through the process partially, but
I guess didn't understand the prompts. His step-by-step process was exactly
what I needed.

"Luc" wrote:

In that case, go to View - header and footer - click on the page setup
button in the header and footer toolbar. Select PageSetup tab - Check
Different first page in the header and footer section - OK.
You will now have the opportunity to have a different header for the first
page and another one for the following pages, which in your case, you leave
empty of course.
Luc
"Nonrepeating Headers and Footers" Nonrepeating Headers and
schreef in bericht
...
How do I get the header and footer not to repeat? I only want them to
appear
on the first page.




  #3  
Old December 31st 08, 06:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lori
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 93
Default Nonrepeating headers and footers

My Page set-up option does not have an option for "Different first page" in
the header and footer section. I have looked for this. I have Excel 2003 -
what is my next option?

"Nonrepeating Headers and Footers" wrote:

Luc's explanation was perfect---I had gone through the process partially, but
I guess didn't understand the prompts. His step-by-step process was exactly
what I needed.

"Luc" wrote:

In that case, go to View - header and footer - click on the page setup
button in the header and footer toolbar. Select PageSetup tab - Check
Different first page in the header and footer section - OK.
You will now have the opportunity to have a different header for the first
page and another one for the following pages, which in your case, you leave
empty of course.
Luc
"Nonrepeating Headers and Footers" Nonrepeating Headers and
schreef in bericht
...
How do I get the header and footer not to repeat? I only want them to
appear
on the first page.




  #4  
Old December 31st 08, 06:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,348
Default Nonrepeating headers and footers

You've posted to the *Word* newsgroup. Excel handles Headers & Footers
differently & does not have that option. There may be a way to accomplish
what you want but you need to post to the Excel group & provide a much more
detailed description of what you want to do:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...tOverview.mspx

Good Luck |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac



On 12/31/08 1:45 PM, in article
, "Lori"
wrote:

My Page set-up option does not have an option for "Different first page" in
the header and footer section. I have looked for this. I have Excel 2003 -
what is my next option?

"Nonrepeating Headers and Footers" wrote:

Luc's explanation was perfect---I had gone through the process partially, but
I guess didn't understand the prompts. His step-by-step process was exactly
what I needed.

"Luc" wrote:

In that case, go to View - header and footer - click on the page setup
button in the header and footer toolbar. Select PageSetup tab - Check
Different first page in the header and footer section - OK.
You will now have the opportunity to have a different header for the first
page and another one for the following pages, which in your case, you leave
empty of course.
Luc
"Nonrepeating Headers and Footers" Nonrepeating Headers and
schreef in bericht
...
How do I get the header and footer not to repeat? I only want them to
appear
on the first page.




 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to change section headers and footers in a macro? PurbeckJohn Page Layout 0 July 18th 05 12:27 PM
Doc Template & headers and footers Linda G Microsoft Word Help 2 June 17th 05 11:42 PM
Headers & Footers kuze Microsoft Word Help 1 February 24th 05 09:46 PM
In Word 2003 Can't See Headers & Footers in Print Layout AA Smith Page Layout 3 January 14th 05 04:10 AM
Locking headers and footers in word – ASAP Selina Microsoft Word Help 1 December 1st 04 03:16 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.