how do I put more than one bullet on same line in a word doc?

Old July 29th 05, 06:40 PM
CyberTaz

Default how do I put more than one bullet on same line in a word doc?

Hi katnee-

AFAIK only one character or picture can be used as a bullet on a line.

There may be other work-arounds, but the only thing I can think of is to
create a "picture" using PhotoShop or other image s/w and use that picture as
a custom bullet. That's a bit of trouble to go to unless you will need to use
it frequently.

For a one-time thing, you can just use the InsertSymbol feature to insert
the characters on a line. then copy&paste them to the other lines. Set your
indents/tabs to adjust spacing.

HTH |:)

"katnee" wrote:

I'm using Windows XP. I'm interested in putting more than one bullet on the
same line in a document. it will not allow me to do that. Help!!

Old July 30th 05, 04:05 AM

There are several ways to have more than one bulleted item in a line:

1. Insert bullets manually, setting tab stops where you want the bullets and
the text that follows them. This will work so long as no bullet point
exceeds one line (like a tabbed table).

2. Use a table. You can use an actual bulleted paragraph in each cell.

3. Use columns. You can wrap a long string of bullet points into several
columns, but they won't align automatically as they would in a table.