How do I skip blank fields in mail merge

Old August 4th 05, 12:23 AM
Julia

Default How do I skip blank fields in mail merge

I'm printing mail merged labels & some records have multiple address fields &
some only have 1 - how do a skip a blank field in a record. I can't seem to
locate something like "do not print blank fields" or "skip to next field if
blank".
Old August 4th 05, 05:24 AM
Doug Robbins

Use a " Skip Record If" field. When you insert such a field there is a
dialog box that opens and allows you to input the conditions.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Old August 4th 05, 09:15 PM
David

Try this...

Press Alt-F9 to show field code.
The insert code similar to this...

{ MERGEFIELD "CustomerAddress1" }{ IF { MERGEFIELD "CustomerAddress2" } "" "
{ MERGEFIELD "CustomerAddress2" }" "" }

The if statement checks to see if the second line of the address is blank or
not. If it is not blank then it does a carriage return then iserts the
second address line. If it is blank it does nothing.

Hope this helps