Steve Bugden

Default Vertically align text with image

Hi,

I would like to vertically align an image with the first line of a paragraph
of text. The image is actually a bullet point gif which I created.

The only alignment I can get is by varying the font size of the text.

I have tried 'Format Picture Layout' and all the possible options there
but couldn't achieve the above effect.

I would also like to maintain the alignment when I save the page as filtered
HTML. From HTML directly I can achieve the effect by using 'align=abmiddle'
in the image tag.

But how to create the same effect in Word and maintain it in HTML is beyond
me.

Many thanks,

Regards,

Steve

CyberTaz

I don't know how this will convert to HTML, but one thing you can try...

Make sure the .gif has Text Wrap set for 'Inline with text'. Select it & go
to FormatFont--Character Spacing. Use the setting for 'Position' to
Raise/Lower the graphic relative to the baseline of the text.

HTH |:)

"Steve Bugden" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to vertically align an image with the first line of a paragraph
of text. The image is actually a bullet point gif which I created.

The only alignment I can get is by varying the font size of the text.

I have tried 'Format Picture Layout' and all the possible options there
but couldn't achieve the above effect.

I would also like to maintain the alignment when I save the page as filtered
HTML. From HTML directly I can achieve the effect by using 'align=abmiddle'
in the image tag.

But how to create the same effect in Word and maintain it in HTML is beyond
me.

Many thanks,

Regards,

Steve

Steve Bugden

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, that does work but not if I save as filtered html.

Also, if I change the size of the font then the image has to be realigned.
As I will use the bulleted image throughout my documents that just isn't an
option.

What I really need is someway to align the image with the (vertical) middle
of the adjacent text.

Does anyone please have any other ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

Steve

"Steve Bugden" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to vertically align an image with the first line of a paragraph
of text. The image is actually a bullet point gif which I created.

The only alignment I can get is by varying the font size of the text.

I have tried 'Format Picture Layout' and all the possible options there
but couldn't achieve the above effect.

I would also like to maintain the alignment when I save the page as filtered
HTML. From HTML directly I can achieve the effect by using 'align=abmiddle'
in the image tag.

But how to create the same effect in Word and maintain it in HTML is beyond
me.

Many thanks,

Regards,

Steve

CyberTaz

Then you might want to consider using a 2 column table with the graphic in
the 1st & the text in the second.

What may be even better is to actually use your .gif as a custom bullet if
you intend to use it in other docs.

1- Go to FormatBullets and Numbering--Bullets
2- Select one of the presets that you are willing to replace and click
'Customize...'
3- Click 'Picture', Click 'Import', navigate to & select your .gif

HTH |:)

"Steve Bugden" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to vertically align an image with the first line of a paragraph
of text. The image is actually a bullet point gif which I created.

The only alignment I can get is by varying the font size of the text.

I have tried 'Format Picture Layout' and all the possible options there
but couldn't achieve the above effect.

I would also like to maintain the alignment when I save the page as filtered
HTML. From HTML directly I can achieve the effect by using 'align=abmiddle'
in the image tag.

But how to create the same effect in Word and maintain it in HTML is beyond
me.

Many thanks,

Regards,

Steve

Steve Bugden

Hi,

I have done that, but was leaving out that little twist to simplify things a
bit.

Even with two columns I would still need to align the image with the text.

I guess it can't be done automatically (where the text aiigns itself no
matter what the size of the text is) since no one has replied with an easy
answer.

The only other thing I think I can do is to tolerate the lack of formating
in the Word document but use a style sheet to perform the alignment in the
converted HTML document.

Thanks once again for your help

Steve.

"Steve Bugden" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to vertically align an image with the first line of a paragraph
of text. The image is actually a bullet point gif which I created.

The only alignment I can get is by varying the font size of the text.

I have tried 'Format Picture Layout' and all the possible options there
but couldn't achieve the above effect.

I would also like to maintain the alignment when I save the page as filtered
HTML. From HTML directly I can achieve the effect by using 'align=abmiddle'
in the image tag.

But how to create the same effect in Word and maintain it in HTML is beyond
me.

Many thanks,

Regards,

Steve

align text center and right on the same line Annette Frank Microsoft Word Help 9 May 5th 23 08:49 AM
End/FootNote text style Shaun Page Layout 4 July 5th 05 04:36 PM
How do I align check boxes with the text that comes before it/ keithmichaelis Microsoft Word Help 6 May 9th 05 04:28 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
how do i adjust text alignment in labels after inserting an image Doug Robbins Microsoft Word Help 2 November 29th 04 10:53 AM