Two Column styles on one page

Old August 13th 05, 02:31 AM
John Smith

Default Two Column styles on one page

Is there a way to have a page in a word doc with 2 columns in the top
half of the page and one column on the bottom half.
The example int the help pages shows it with one column top and two on
the bottom. I was able to get that to work.

Every time I tried two on top, one on the bottom, the text split very
wierdly. I'm guessing that it think's I want to put a single column
article between the first and second column on the same page.

TIA for any help, suggestions.

John

Old August 13th 05, 03:47 AM

Yes, you can do this. You just need a section break wherever you change
number of columns. If you select the text and then format the columns, Word
handles the breaks for you. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm