Retrieving previous copied text

Old August 15th 05, 08:30 PM
copy and paste

Default Retrieving previous copied text

I copied text and pasted it. Then I copied and pasted more text. There were
fields missing and when I went back to fix it, it erased my document. When I
tried to re-paste, it pasted the last item, not the previous. How do I
retrieve the earlier pasted text?
Old August 16th 05, 12:31 AM

Provided the doc is still open, Undo back to before you cut/copied will
still work.

"PopS" wrote in message

"copy and paste" copy and wrote
in message
:I copied text and pasted it. Then I copied and pasted more
text. There were
: fields missing and when I went back to fix it, it erased my
document. When I
: tried to re-paste, it pasted the last item, not the previous.
How do I
: retrieve the earlier pasted text?

It's probably gone for good unless you can locate it in a .tmp
file maybe. Next time that happens, try to Ctrl-Z (Undo) your
way back to the original document prior to the problem appearing.

HTH,
Pop

Old August 17th 05, 04:34 AM
Joe McGuire

The Clipboard might help you. It shows a bit of each item you copied in its
window and you can avoid pasting the wrong stuff.