How can I delete all the index entries {XE...} in a word document

Old August 19th 05, 02:07 PM
oli

Default How can I delete all the index entries {XE...} in a word document

Hello !
How can I delete all (THOUSANDS) the index entries {XE...} in a word
document ?
tHX.
Old August 19th 05, 02:23 PM
Graham Mayor

With the XE fields displayed, use the replace function to replace
^d XE
with nothing.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old August 19th 05, 02:51 PM
Jay Freedman

oli wrote:
Hello !
How can I delete all (THOUSANDS) the index entries {XE...} in a word
document ?
tHX.

In the Edit Replace dialog, type

^19 XE

in the Find What box (note the space between the 9 and the X). Leave the
Replace With box blank, and click the Replace All button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old August 3rd 06, 03:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie

You list ^d XE, another person lists ^19 XE. Neither work for me. What might
I be doing wrong. I do get a message that it deleted some but still have
hundreds not deleted. Can you help?

Old August 3rd 06, 03:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Either should work with XE fields automatically inserted, however if you
have hand inserted the fields and there is no space between the bracket and
XE eg
{XE etc
Then you would have to remove the space from the search string thus ^dXE