Flygirl555

Default Word 2003 - Using Add In - Toolbars Keep Disappearing

I have a custom template in Word 2003 that has custom toolbars, auto-text, etc.

Two months ago, I was using Word 2000 and I noticed that when certain
actions occurred (e.g. - the web toolbar appeared or I switched between a
window with another application), my custom toolbars disappeared. The only
way I could restore them was to right click the toolbar and turn them on
again, or add them back through the Add-In's dialog box.

My tech support was clueless, so they reinstalled Word 2003 (since we are
upgrading in about a month). The problem went away for awhile, but now it is
back. It is happening on my co-workers machine too.

I tried restoring the template from my backup copy (thinking maybe my
template is corrupt), but that didn't help either.

Any ideas of how to try to fix this problem?
Anne Troy

For best results, when distributing macros or for very important templates,
build the toolbar using code. See:
http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=14

************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Flygirl555" wrote in message
I have a custom template in Word 2003 that has custom toolbars, auto-text,
etc.

Two months ago, I was using Word 2000 and I noticed that when certain
actions occurred (e.g. - the web toolbar appeared or I switched between a
window with another application), my custom toolbars disappeared. The only
way I could restore them was to right click the toolbar and turn them on
again, or add them back through the Add-In's dialog box.

My tech support was clueless, so they reinstalled Word 2003 (since we are
upgrading in about a month). The problem went away for awhile, but now it
is
back. It is happening on my co-workers machine too.

I tried restoring the template from my backup copy (thinking maybe my
template is corrupt), but that didn't help either.

Any ideas of how to try to fix this problem?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Rmx5Z2lybDU1NQ==?=,

You don't specify what "Addin" is involved, here. But you should contact the
people responsible for it and find out what kind of antics it's doing that's
causing the problem. If it's causing it, then it has to be fixed.

I have a custom template in Word 2003 that has custom toolbars, auto-text, etc.

Two months ago, I was using Word 2000 and I noticed that when certain
actions occurred (e.g. - the web toolbar appeared or I switched between a
window with another application), my custom toolbars disappeared. The only
way I could restore them was to right click the toolbar and turn them on
again, or add them back through the Add-In's dialog box.

My tech support was clueless, so they reinstalled Word 2003 (since we are
upgrading in about a month). The problem went away for awhile, but now it is
back. It is happening on my co-workers machine too.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)