Setting up Top Row of Vertical Text at an Angle

Old September 7th 05, 01:13 AM
encbarb

Default Setting up Top Row of Vertical Text at an Angle

Is it possible to set up the top row of a table so text will be set off at an
angle to the right, rather than just vertically? This makes for easier
reading. I would really appreciate it if someone knows how to do this. Thanks.
Old September 7th 05, 01:57 AM
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Not using normal text tools. You could use WordArt objects as your column
headings, however, using the contour handle (the yellow box/diamond) to make
the text a uniform height rather than fancy. Actually, I just tried it, and
column heading done this way really stand out.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

Old September 7th 05, 05:26 AM
encbarb

Herb - thanks for your help with this. Did you do the Word Art within the
vertical cells or did you remove the cells? I have 25 of these column
headings, all very close together. I was unable to accomplish anything with
the WordArt within the individual cells. Thanks!

Old September 7th 05, 03:48 PM

In that case you might be better off creating the table in Excel, with
angled headings, and then importing into Word. Alternatively, you can settle
for text rotated 90 degrees, which Word can do in a table.