How do I stop having new typing delete the next letter?

Old September 13th 05, 10:36 PM
gordy1292

Default How do I stop having new typing delete the next letter?

Apparently I hit a wrong key upon occasion so that, from that point onward in
typing a document, the next letter I type in deletes the letter to its right.
Two questions: what causes that to happen and, when it does, how do I make
it stop?
Old September 13th 05, 10:39 PM
garfield-n-odie

Press the Insert key once to switch between overtype mode (what you are in
now) and insert mode.

Old September 13th 05, 10:43 PM
Anne Troy

Hi, Gordy. Please see: