zen_tantos

Default inserting a symbol has disappeared...please help

Hi. Yesterday I noticed that that "Symbol" option under the "Insert" link has
disappeared. Up until yesterday I believe it was right below "Autotext" But
it isnt there anymore. And now i cant insert the symbols i need. Did i do
something to remove it? How do I get it back???
thanks...
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Most likely, you pressed Ctrl+Alt+[hypen on top row] looking for a wide --
type character, and didn't get it. Then, you immediately choose (from the
menu) Insert - Symbol. Ctrl+Alt+[hypen on top row] is a shortcut for "remove
next command/tool". So, when you clicked on Symbol, it was automatically
removed from the menu.

To put it back, if you don't have any customizations you want to keep, just
reset the menu bar. Tools - Customize - Toolbars tab, click on Menu Bar,
then click on Reset.

If you do have customizations you want to keep, then find InsertSymbol in
the Commands list and drag it back to the Insert menu.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"zen_tantos" wrote in message
Hi. Yesterday I noticed that that "Symbol" option under the "Insert" link
has
disappeared. Up until yesterday I believe it was right below "Autotext"
But
it isnt there anymore. And now i cant insert the symbols i need. Did i do
something to remove it? How do I get it back???
thanks...

Anne Troy

Reset your menus.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm