Default What is the size limit of drop-down field in XP Word.

I have a request for a drop-down field in Word containing 15 differenct
paragraphs.
Work sould like to selct one or more paragraph to complete the letter. Any
way of doing it? I thought about hyperlink but the form MUST be protected
and hyperlink will not work.
Jay Freedman

The remaining design possibility works like this: You have a dropdown form
field containing "titles" or short descriptions of the paragraphs. The
paragraphs themselves can be stored as AutoText entries in the template or
as external files. Then you need a macro, set as the Exit Macro for the
dropdown, that "reads" the selected entry in the dropdown; unprotects the
document; inserts the full text of the paragraph; and reprotects the
document. Don't worry about the unprotect part -- the document is
unprotected only for a fraction of a second, and there's no chance of the
user changing anything.

Another problem you hinted at is that the user may need to choose more than
one paragraph. A dropdown form field is a single-selection control. If you
need more than one selection at a time, you need to create a userform
(http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm). You can use a
macrobutton field or the Exit Macro property of another field in the
document to launch the userform. Place a list box on the userform, and
properly set its MultiSelect property. Unfortunately, the macro programming
for multiple selection is rather more complex than that for single
selection.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote:
The AutoText does not work when the form is protected . The form
must be protected to prevent any changes.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

wrote:
I have a request for a drop-down field in Word containing 15
differenct paragraphs.
Work sould like to selct one or more paragraph to complete the
letter. Any way of doing it? I thought about hyperlink but the
form MUST be protected and hyperlink will not work.

You can't fit entire paragraphs into a dropdown. Instead, look into
an AutoTextList field --
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm.

--
Regards,