SF

Default Location of normal.dot

Hi,

Where is the location of Normal.dot. I am using word 2003
SF

Mike Hyndman

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 17:35:29 +0700, "SF" wrote:

Hi,

Where is the location of Normal.dot. I am using word 2003
SF

Mines in C:\Documents and Settings\***************\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates amongst others, Guest, for example. The
asterisks will be your account name.
Try doing a search for it StartSearchall files and foldersNormal.dot
HTH
MH
remove -bats- to reply
PA

The location is as much a function of your Windows version as Word version.
Assuming Windows 2000 or XP, Normal.dot is found at
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates.

"SF" wrote:

Hi,

Where is the location of Normal.dot. I am using word 2003
SF

Jay Freedman

Also, you need to set Windows Explorer to show you hidden folders and
files (in Tools Folder Options View), because the Application Data
folder and everything under it is hidden.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"SF" wrote:

Hi,

Where is the location of Normal.dot. I am using word 2003
SF

Herb Tyson [MVP]

The location of the user's local normal.dot is the User Templates location,
which you can find via Word's menu, choosing Tools - Options - File
Locations - User Templates. Whether or not you can see Normal.dot using
Windows Explorer will depend on whether you've set it to display
hidden/system files, per Jay's response.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com