Label print creep

Old September 24th 05, 11:57 AM
Nial

Default Label print creep

Hi,

I am having a problem printing labels. When printing the labels, the print
moves vertically 2.5mm per row, so by the bottom of the page the individual
label print has crept onto the label above. I have researched this problem
on Microsoft's support page, where they discuss a similar problem affecting
multipage prints, but mine happens on page one. I also downloaded the Avery
wizard plug-in for Word but this did not solve the problem. The label
contains 5 rows of text, one of which is an Email link, when viewed in
Print Preview the page is perfect. I am using Word 2000 and Avery labels
L7163 my printer is a HP Laserjet 5P. I have previously printed labels with
no problem. Any help solving this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nial

Old September 24th 05, 03:44 PM
Mary Sauer

If it worked in the past, it just maybe your paper pick up isn't what is use to be.
Might look at this forum for answers
www.fixyourownprinter.com

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

Old September 30th 05, 02:20 AM
Bob S

Usually this means that part of the process thinks that it is using A4
paper and some other part thinks that it is using Letter paper. Check
the paper in the printer; check the printer properties for the size
that it thinks it has; check Page Setup to see what Word thinks; check
the label template to make sure you got the metric not the english
version or vice-versa.

Bob S

Old October 1st 05, 11:14 AM
Nial Briody

Bob you were right, the printer had set itself to Letter paper.

This is the first time I have used a newsgroup, I'm well impressed.

Many Thanks

Nial

news