How do I insert the existential quantifier symbol?

Old January 12th 05, 07:27 AM
outwithbrad

Default How do I insert the existential quantifier symbol?

In standard logic, there is the existential quantifier symbol (the backwards
E) and the universal quantifier symbol (the upside-down A). I can't find
either symbol in the symbol menu in Word, so I can't figure out how to put
the symbols in my document. Thanks for your help!
Old January 12th 05, 10:37 AM
Jezebel

On my machine they are in the Symbol font. If they are not in yours (it
depends on which version of Word you have) do a Google for "logic symbols"
+font or similar -- shouldn't be too hard to find.

Old January 12th 05, 03:32 PM
Joseph N.

Is there an existential qualifier? How would I apply?

Is there a template? g

--
JN

jbn 'won'oh'won'six'won' at fastmail.fm
Remove spaces, and substitute digits for the words between " ' "
Old January 12th 05, 04:55 PM

If you don't find them in the Mathematical Operators character subset of a
given font, then you'll need to insert the characters from the Symbol font
(0034 and 0036).

Old January 12th 05, 05:51 PM
outwithbrad

Thanks Jezebel and Suzanne Barnhill! That answered my question. I didn't
realize that, in addition to the Symbols menu which one gets to from
Insert-Symbol, there is also a separate Symbol font.

Brad

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you don't find them in the Mathematical Operators character subset of a
given font, then you'll need to insert the characters from the Symbol font
(0034 and 0036).

"outwithbrad" wrote in message
In standard logic, there is the existential quantifier symbol (the

backwards
E) and the universal quantifier symbol (the upside-down A). I can't find
either symbol in the symbol menu in Word, so I can't figure out how to put
the symbols in my document. Thanks for your help!

How do i restore extra fonts to "Insert symbol"? jpmccusa Microsoft Word Help 1 December 23rd 04 01:08 PM
How do I insert a square symbol in word document? Mike1103 Microsoft Word Help 5 December 21st 04 02:45 PM
missing symbol dialog box from uner "insert" tab thelittleprincess Microsoft Word Help 1 December 6th 04 09:33 PM
Footnote symbol G Microsoft Word Help 2 December 2nd 04 01:09 PM
The Insert Key cjkoeb Microsoft Word Help 6 December 1st 04 02:25 AM