Matt

Default Celsius symbol?

Can someone tell me how to find the celsius symbol in word 2003?
Tony Jollans

It's a capital C.

The degree symbol is available via Ctrl+@, Space

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Matt" wrote in message
Can someone tell me how to find the celsius symbol in word 2003?

Activo

That is a new one for me, is there other shortcuts for the latin alpha, beta
....etc
Is there a document for these shortcuts.

Many thanks
Activo

Tony Jollans

It depends on your local code page but for me it's character code B0.

Under Insert Symbol -- (normal text) Subset Latin-1 just scroll down a
little and there it is. It's not necessarily in every font but, depending on
your Word version it will be on the first or second screens of symbols.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Matt" wrote in message
Can someone tell me how to find the celsius symbol in word 2003?

Tony Jollans

I guess you mean *Greek* alpha, beta, etc.

I'm sure I used to know a way to enter them directly but it escapes me at
the moment.

You can however set your own shortcut keys for any symbol you use
regularly - find the symbol in Insert Symbol and press Shortcut Key to get
the dialog to set your own key.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Activo" wrote in message
That is a new one for me, is there other shortcuts for the latin alpha,

beta
...etc
Is there a document for these shortcuts.

Many thanks
Activo

Note that there is a single font character that includes both the degree
symbol and the capital C; it's Unicode glyph 2103, which you'll find only in
very large Unicode fonts such as Arial Unicode MS.