print at 10 cpi and 6 lpi

Old October 17th 05, 11:20 PM
ASL SOFTWARE

Default print at 10 cpi and 6 lpi

UK printed end of year forms are designed to be printed at 10 characters per
inch and 6 lines per inch. I cannot find a font that covers this under
Windows even though I can happily specify this (and other) size under DOS.

How can I set my printout to line up exactly?

Old October 18th 05, 12:25 AM
CyberTaz

Unfortunately those typewriter-based specs are founded on 'archaic'
mono-spaced (or 'fixed width') technology, which you can obviously not
change. Most of the fonts used on the PC today are proportionally spaced,
but there are some which might fill the bill, Courier (not Courier New) 12
pt, single spaced, for one.

I'm sure other suggestions will come in as well.

Good Luck |:)

On 10/17/05 6:20 PM, in article
, "ASL SOFTWARE" ASL

Old October 24th 05, 11:50 AM
ASL SOFTWARE

Wonderful! Thank you!

I can sort the problem in Word now, all I need to do is get my programmer to
be able to use the 'exactly' option under Visual Basic and I will be able to
sleep nights.

Old October 24th 05, 11:53 AM
ASL SOFTWARE

I can print correctly in Word using courier new Exactly 12 point, now I need
to use the Exactly option in Visual Basic

Old October 24th 05, 12:54 PM
Jay Freedman

Tell the programmer to use these two lines:

ActiveDocument.Paragraphs.LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceExactly
ActiveDocument.Paragraphs.LineSpacing = 12

If the programmer is really using Visual Basic (the stand-alone
language outside of Word) instead of Visual Basic for Applications
(the macro language built into Word), then you need to know that the
numeric value of the constant wdLineSpaceExactly is 4.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman