attach PDF files to word documents

Old October 18th 05, 03:03 PM
hmunsell

Default attach PDF files to word documents

i have a user that would like to attach a PDF to his word document as a
comment. any ideas?
Old October 18th 05, 04:19 PM
Jay Freedman

hmunsell wrote:
i have a user that would like to attach a PDF to his word document as
a comment. any ideas?

Use the menu item Insert Object. Click the From File tab. Browse to the
PDF file and select it.

If the PDF file is only one page or less, you can insert it as is. If it's
more than one page, only the first page will appear -- that's a limitation
of the way Word handles "objects". In that case, check the box for "Display
as icon"; it will insert a PDF icon that you can double-click to open the
PDF in Acrobat Reader.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old October 19th 05, 04:29 AM
Graham Mayor

Hmmm. *all* PDF files inserted as objects here are displayed as icons,
whether or not the icon box is checked. Am I missing something?

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old October 19th 05, 01:24 PM
Jay Freedman

It surprised me, too, when I tried it before posting. What I've since
learned is that the one-page display is a new trick provided by Adobe
Reader 7.0. Also, clicking that display opens the complete PDF
document in a separate Reader window.

I don't have full Acrobat -- never have -- so I don't know whether it
provides the same service. This is the free Reader.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old October 19th 05, 03:18 PM
Graham Mayor

Ah. The fog clears. I don't have Reader 7 and because of all the problems
with Acrobat 7 I have retained Acrobat 6. Thanks for clarifying.