Deleting page numbers from certain pages

Old October 24th 05, 02:58 PM
Peeter

Default Deleting page numbers from certain pages

Is it possible to delete certain page numbers? I.e. How can I remove page
numbers e.g. from pages 2 and 50 without deleting other? I would really
appreciate if someone could help me.
Old October 24th 05, 03:14 PM
Stefan Blom

One way is to use a conditional field in the footer (header).
Something like this should work:

{ IF { PAGE } = 2 "" { IF { PAGE } = 50 "" { PAGE } }

Note that each pair of field delimiters must be inserted with
Ctrl+F9; you can't just type them in.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old October 25th 05, 07:07 AM
Graham Mayor

There appears to be a field delimiter missing from Stefan's version - which
I couldn't get to work. Although not strictly necessary with fields I much
prefer to use quotes to delimit the various parts of a conditional field as
it makes it much easier to see what is supposed to happen. In this instance:

{ IF { Page } = 2 "" "{ IF { Page } = 50 "" "{ Page }" }" }

will work.

To avoid the translation issues that occur when copying fields to text - see
http://www.gmayor.com/export_field.htm

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old October 25th 05, 08:20 AM
Stefan Blom

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
There appears to be a field delimiter missing from Stefan's
version - which
I couldn't get to work.

True. I see now that I left out the final }. Thanks for
pointing this out!

Although not strictly necessary with fields I much
prefer to use quotes to delimit the various parts of a conditional
field as
it makes it much easier to see what is supposed to happen. In this
instance:

{ IF { Page } = 2 "" "{ IF { Page } = 50 "" "{ Page }" }" }

will work.

To avoid the translation issues that occur when copying fields to
text - see
http://www.gmayor.com/export_field.htm

This indeed seems to be a useful link!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old March 9th 06, 10:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Please forgive my ignorance, but where do I put this code if I want to
repress the page number? I have one page that I don't want the page number to
print.

thank you

Pat
--
Don''t take your organs to heaven, heaven knows we need them down here.

Old March 10th 06, 07:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

So to supress page 121

{ IF { Page } = 121 "" "{ Page }" }

I tried this but it didn't work.
--
Pat

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You put this field code wherever you would otherwise put the page number
(header or footer).

news

Old March 10th 06, 10:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Did you use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field braces?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You put this field code wherever you would otherwise put the page number
(header or footer).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news

Old March 10th 06, 10:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

{ IF { PAGE } 121 { PAGE } }

Don't type the curly braces. Enter the curly braces by pressing
Ctrl+F9.