Need a music symbol for a flat

Old October 26th 05, 01:53 PM
NoGreaterJoy3

Default Need a music symbol for a flat

I'm typing chord sheets for praise songs. I need the music symbol for a flat
(as opposed to a sharp). Does microsoft have a symbol for a flat?

Thank you.
Old October 26th 05, 03:14 PM
CyberTaz

Not specifically MS, but Unicode does... at least if using Word 2003. Type
266d followed immediately by Alt+X to get * . You might want to explore
InsertSymbol, leave the font as (normal text) & choose Miscellaneous
Dingbats from the subset list, where you'll also find natural & sharp as well
as a few others. For more you will probably need a music font.

HTH |:)

Old October 26th 05, 03:15 PM

Not in the standard fonts ("(normal text)"), but you can find one in the
"large" Unicode fonts (such as Arial Unicode MS) at 266D as well as in
specialized music fonts.

Old October 26th 05, 04:16 PM
CyberTaz

Absolutely right... I inadvertently scrolled the list without realizing it
_after_ locating the character. At least I got the code right - and I'm even
more astounded that I still recognize the symbols for sharps, flats &
naturals!

Regards |:)