westis

Default Printing with command button from preview in IE

Not sure if this is the right newsgroup for this question, but I'll give it a
shot.

I am previewing a Word document that is in a database, in an IE window. To
print this document I need to right-click on the part of the IE window where
the document is not displayed and select "Print" or click a link to the
document and select "Print target" (as the IE menu is removed from this
window).

So far so good. But now I've added a command button in the document, that
will run a macro that prints the document without the header, like this: 1)
selects and cuts the header 2) opens the print dialog box 3) after printing
pastes the header again.

But when running that macro I get error 5148, referring to the line
"Dialogs(wdDialogFilePrint).Show" in the macro. It works fine to print with
the command button when the document is open in Word, but apparently not when
previewing it within IE.

It does print if I make the macro print with the default printer, but I want
the dialog box to open so that I can select printer.

What can I do?