VH

Default Track changes for book editors

Hi,
I edit books for a living, working electronically. We recently upgraded to
the newest Word. In our old version, track changes worked beautifully. The
new version is probably fine for many users, but I can't do handy things like
printing ONLY the comments (I have to print out all the changes.) If I turn
off the balloons, I can't scroll over the comment insert and get the comment
and its date to show up. And the Print markup list is a real problem, since
it prints EVERY tiny change--absurd when editing a book.

Has someone created a "fix" that will allow me to revert the "track changes"
to an older version? I don't have problems adapting to new software, so
that's not the issue--the issue is that the new software's features don't
work for my needs, while the previous one did. Otherwise, I like the new Word
better in many ways.

Any other book editors out there facing the same problems? I did several
searches in the postings here but did not find any help
Thanks!
Anne Troy

Hi, VH. The only thing I'm aware of is this:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/a...osoft_word.htm
And...I want your job!!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com