Why does Word 2002 always say preparing to install upon starting?

Old October 28th 05, 11:51 PM
R Worley

Default Why does Word 2002 always say preparing to install upon starting?

Every time I start Word 2002 I get the message "Preparing to Install" and
after a short time the program opens and runs properly. If I open Word 2002
from "my documents" folder it works normally. I am current on all updates
for Office and WXP2. Any words of wisdom??