Can I recover a document that wasn't saved?

Old November 1st 05, 11:01 PM
Niana Santana

Default Can I recover a document that wasn't saved?

I was typing up a report for my world history class and I was almost half-way
when I stopped to save and I had closed out of an internet explorer window
that I had open and I accidentally hit the close button in the top corner and
I missed the prompt that asked me to save. Is there any way that I can
recover the document?
Old November 1st 05, 11:07 PM
Greg Maxey

About all that you can do is start over at the beginning.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Old November 2nd 05, 12:21 AM
FinRazel

It is rather difficult to miss the prompt that asks you to save (Word is
frozen until you click something in at this prompt). I am inclined to think
that you accidently saved to Document1 (or the like). To check this, go to
My Computer - View - Explorer Bar - History - Today - My Computer. If
there are any Word files in this folder, click on them and see if your paper
is there.

Another thing to check. If this is a paper that already had a filename, in
Explorer, go to the folder where your paper should have been saved. In the
Tools menu, click Folder Options. Under the View Tab, click the "Show Hidden
Files" radio button. This will allow you to see if there are any autosaves
of your file. If there are any Word files with wierd looking filenames that
are close to your original filename, then you are all good.

Hope this helps, I've been there.