How do 2 people including titles sign the same letter?

Old November 3rd 05, 07:33 PM
NLill

Default How do 2 people including titles sign the same letter?

We are sending a letter to a group and both of need to sign it. How do we
properly accomplish this.
Old November 3rd 05, 08:29 PM

I don't believe there's any right or wrong way to do this. The two ways I've
seen it done are these:

1. With one name above the other:

Complimentary Close,

__________________ [signature line or space]
Title (sometimes preceded by printed name)

__________________
[Printed Name]
Title

2. With the two names side by side:

Close,

Name/Title Name/Title

The second is difficult to represent in a NG post, but the two signature
blocks are usually spaced out across the page; this can be accomplished with
tabs or a borderless table. The only really hard part is determining which
signer has priority and is therefore listed first. If both are of equal
rank, alphabetical order will do.