word shuts down suddenly

Old November 7th 05, 01:47 AM
Peg

Default word shuts down suddenly

Hello, while typing a report word shuts down and takes me back to my opening
page with all the content lost. We save constantly, however the problem
seems to be happening more frequently.
Old November 7th 05, 06:01 AM
Graham Mayor

Obviously that shouldn't happen. Start with
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then work through the
trouble shooting tips at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old November 7th 05, 03:20 PM
Peg

Thanks Graham, I will try this and let you know how it goes. It happened
again last night while my daughter was typing a paper for school, it seems
worse when she is typing alot of numbers or in spanish.

Old November 7th 05, 11:27 PM
Peg

I have done all the steps you recommended and it still keeps shutting
down...any other ideas??? Peg

Old November 8th 05, 06:30 AM
Graham Mayor

If you still get the problem when working in Word's safe mode, it is
probably fair to say that the problem has nothing to do with Word per se.
This will make it much more difficult to track down - but it would be worth
re-installing the printer driver.