reversible reaction symbol

Old November 29th 04, 02:11 PM
AlexS

Default reversible reaction symbol

Hey

Can I insert a reversible reaction symbol in Word 2003?

It is two half arrows, each pointing the other way, one on top of the other.

Cheers

Alex
Old November 29th 04, 03:40 PM
Klaus Linke

Hi Alex,

Type 21CB then Alt+X (leftwards harpoon over rightwards harpoon), or
Type 21CC then Alt+X (rightwards harpoon over leftwards harpoon).

This works if you have some large Unicode font (MS Mincho, Arial Unicode MS
....) installed, Alt+X being the shortcut for "ToggleCharacterCode".

Regards,
Klaus

Old November 29th 04, 03:46 PM
Jay Freedman

AlexS wrote:
Hey

Can I insert a reversible reaction symbol in Word 2003?

It is two half arrows, each pointing the other way, one on top of the
other.

Hi Alex,

The character is available in Arial Unicode or Lucida Sans Unicode.

To insert it from the Insert Symbol dialog, choose either of those fonts
and select Arrows in the Subset dropdown. The symbol you want is in the
fourth row of arrows.

As the bottom of the dialog shows, you can type 21CC in the document and
press Alt+X to insert the symbol. Alternatively, using the buttons in the
dialog you can assign the symbol to an AutoText entry (give it a name you
won't type by accident, such as "revrxn") or assign a simpler shortcut key.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman