How do I remove horizontal line that was inserted by auto format?

Old January 17th 05, 07:49 PM
Susan35802

Default How do I remove horizontal line that was inserted by auto format?

I have a document in which I typed a few underscores and hit enter. The auto
format "feature" inserted a horizontal line into my text. I didn't correct
it at that moment, but now I would like to delete the line. I have tried
several things, but in each attempt the line just moves up or down rather
than deleting.

How can I get rid of this line?!

Thanks!
Susan

Old January 11th 08, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Susan35802

That (selecting the paragraphs and hitting Ctrl Q) only took away some of the
lines. I tried selecting the entire document, a section of paragraphs, etc.,
Nothing worked.

All I can think of to do now is insert extra returns around the text, and
copy it into another document.

I turned off the auto-format.
I've learned another Microsoft lesson, grump, grump.

Old January 11th 08, 07:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What the article tells you to do is to select the paragraph and go to Format
| Borders and Shading and choose None. Did you do that?

news

Old September 2nd 08, 09:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
M. Moya

It doesn't work. I think I know what she is asking and I am having a similar
problem. As soon as I hit enter, the cursor skips a line. This is really
ruining the formatting of my papers. My formatting has to be very specific as
I am in my studies and professors are very specific. This really is a
niusance and makes me wish I had another option at school.

Old September 2nd 08, 09:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In that case, Word is inserting not a "line" but a "line space." For this
you need to go to Format | Paragraph and change the Space Before/After to
zero. And it still won't hurt to turn off all the AutoFormat As You Type
options that are likely to interpret short paragraphs as headings and the
like.