Print cut off at bottom of doc-Intermittently

Old January 18th 05, 05:35 PM
busswood

Default Print cut off at bottom of doc-Intermittently

This problem seems only to occur when using MS Word. I am using Word 2003,
though the problem occurred in Word XP as well, on Windows XP.
Intermittently when printing a document the bottom 2 inches will be cut off.
This will even show as being cut off in print preview. It doesn’t just cut
off so many lines but the bottom parts of the letters as well.

The problem occurs even if a document has printed fine in the past and most
likely will print fine at a later time. It has happened to more than one
user in the office. It occurred before and after XP SP2.

I have tried updating the printer drivers, installing Office and operating
system Service Packs and updates.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Old January 18th 05, 08:24 PM

There is a known conflict between Word 2002/2003 and the HP drivers for
certain LaserJets that results in Word's insisting on a 2.67" trailing
(bottom or one side) margin. Windows drivers for these printers do not cause
the problem, but they may not offer all the same advanced features as the HP
drivers. The drivers at http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/index.html have
reportedly solved this problem for many users.