Side of page text (within margin)

Old November 17th 05, 08:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Side of page text (within margin)

I'm designing a information sheet with header/footer and two columns. I'd
like to have a permanent text are at the right upper edge (ie running down
the side-with text running top to bottom) - almost a side footer or header.
Can I do this? Any suggestions? I used a text box when I did this in Word
Perfect, but is there an easier way.... Thanks.
Old November 17th 05, 08:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A header/footer can be anywhere on the page. Place the text box in the
header view and it will appear on all pages.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old November 17th 05, 09:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What I wanted was a header at the top, footer at bottom, and a permanent text
box down the right side (text facing down) - ie page text in two columns
would be next to this.

Old November 17th 05, 09:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Place the cursor in the header area, and then insert a text box or
frame. This anchors the text box (frame) to the header and it will
show on all pages using that header. For details, see the "More
complex letterhead" section of the article at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old November 17th 05, 11:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are welcome.

For information about object anchors, see:

Working with Anchors
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/drwgrphcs/Anchors.htm

For more about objects in the drawing layer, see:

WD2000: General Information About Floating Objects

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old November 17th 05, 03:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You put the text box in the header or footer.

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon