how do i reference in alphabetical order

Old November 18th 05, 04:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default how do i reference in alphabetical order

which toolbar do i select in to put my references in alphabetical order!
Old November 18th 05, 05:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select the references and choose Table | Sort (they don't need to be in a
table, just separate paragraphs).

Old November 18th 05, 05:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On 11/18/05 8:10 AM, "debs" wrote:

which toolbar do i select in to put my references in alphabetical order!

Assuming that each reference is in its own paragraph and that each reference
starts with the thing you want to alphabetize by (e.g., the last name of the
author), then select the references and use Table | Sort. Text does not need
to be in a table to Sort it.

Perhaps this page on common questions about references, notes, and
bibliography would also interest you:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/footnotefaq.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word