what does "Field code changed" mean?

Old November 25th 05, 03:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default what does "Field code changed" mean?

Can somebody explain what "Field code changed" means? I turned tracking on
in my document and saw this remark after performing several updates. In the
areas where this remark appears, I can't see any difference between the
current and original text or diagrams.
Thanks.
Old November 26th 05, 07:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Melissa,

Can somebody explain what "Field code changed" means? I turned tracking on
in my document and saw this remark after performing several updates. In the
areas where this remark appears, I can't see any difference between the
current and original text or diagrams.

Most of the dynamic content in a Word document (such as links and many embedded
objects, Tocs, indexes, etc.) is maintained by field codes. When they're
updated, you'll get this notation when change tracking is active. It doesn't
matter whether the result still looks the same, it's been regenerated so there's
been a change "under the covers". The nice thing about it is, if you don't like
the update you can get the original back.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Help! Mailmerge code for all selected records? Kara Mailmerge 1 October 12th 05 07:05 PM
Word Mailmerge does not display a ZIP code beginning with a zero. FredSC Mailmerge 3 August 27th 05 01:07 PM
adding the post code Louise Mailmerge 3 May 4th 05 06:27 PM
UPC BAR CODE davek Microsoft Word Help 4 March 23rd 05 12:16 AM
How do I use the PRINT field code to ... Dave Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 04:06 PM