can't open autorecovery .ASD File

Old November 27th 05, 06:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default can't open autorecovery .ASD File

My Word 2000 shut down "performed illegal operation" and when reopened the
document I was working on did not appear. I see it as a "autorecovery" .ASD
FIle but i cannot open it. The error message is "the document name or path
is not valid, try (check the file permissions for the document or drive)".

Any suggestions?